* Navigation on the Beni River in motorized canoe
* Visit our Tacana community San Miguel
* Excursion to the spectacular San Miguel Canyon
* Departure from our office in San Miguel del Bala at 8:00 a.m. transfer in motorized river boat from the port of The river Beni Rurrenabaque arriving approx. 45 minutes to the ecolodge of community of San Miguel.
(In case you arrive to Rurrenabaque on airplain on the same day that your tour starts we'll wait and pick you up at the airport to take you directly to our office where we begin our tour).
- Walking along the Tacana San Miguel community showing daily life through activities developed to give an impression customs and traditions of our people. Learn to Knit with materials from the forest and squeeze a delicious canned juice using the "trapiche", an ancestral squeezer.
- Return to the eco-lodge at noon for lunch and short break.
- In the afternoon (14: 30h) we will go out again to explore a canyon 150 meters long, a place of particular natural beauty. This unique excursion can be done by initiating a 3 hour hike from San Miguel to finally reaching the canyon. The canyon also can be reached going down the Beni river on boat in about 15 minutes and then enter the jungle walking approx. 20 minutes. Leaving the canyon a boat awaits you on the way back to the lodge where you will take your dinner before resting in your private cabin.
* Walk along the "path of the traps" and / or "path plant medicinal"
* Excursion with bathroom to the natural pool with crystal clear water and small waterfall
* Navigation on the Beni River and Tuichi our eco-lodge "Caquiahuara" within the Madidi National Park
- Your day begins with songs of tropical birds and a good breakfast (7: 30a.m) recovering energies then head out to stroll around where your guide will take you back in time walking across the jungle proving the old methods of trapping wild of Tacana. Learn how the Tacana people could have caught their prey with their unique and interesting traps that helped catch their food.
- Follow the way through the forest to explore the wonders of life of medicinal plants in our thematic trail of natural medicine. Your guide will share his knowledge of the plants that Tacana people have used for centuries to cure diseases such as stomachaches and colds and moreover other severe illnesses such as anemia.
- Returning from your walk will arrive back at the river boat Beni about 10 minutes from the lodge. The walk takes approx. 40 minutes following a stream and entering the forest to a waterfall that forms a natural pool where you can take a refreshing swim in crystal clear waters.
- Return to the eco-lodge at noon to take your lunch and a short rest and then pack up and continue your journey on a boat. Raising the Beni river enter the Madidi National Park where our second eco-lodge "Caquiahuara" will reach Tuichi banks of the river after a river trip approx. 2 1/2 hours. During this journey you will enjoy the beautiful landscapes and possibly see wildlife.
- The night will pass in our eco-lodge "Caquiahuara" where we have 5 private rooms with shared bathroom, hammocks and a new dining room, cabins all completely equipped and protected with nets done with delicacy of milimeter.
* Excursion to "Parabal" place nesting red-blue macaws
* Day and night walk through the jungle in search of Madidi wild animals
On the third day you will wake up early (6:00) to exit before breakfast, to see the beautiful macaws in their natural habitat. After a short boat ride you will walk for about 20 minutes jungle to reach the "Parabal" a rocky wall of approx. 30 meters high where the red blue aras live. A climbing to the top the "Parabal" offers a unique view of the Madidi Park.
- Return to the eco-lodge "Caquiahuara" where you will have lunch followed by a short break.
- In the afternoon tracking will spread to the deep Madidi National Park in search of wild animals such as different species of monkeys, wild pigs, reptiles and countless species bird. Your guide will share his knowledge of flora and fauna during your ride.
- Back at the eco-lodge enjoy your dinner ready for one last night out of the jungle. In his evening walk You can see alligators on the bank of the river and possibly species of nocturnal animals such as night monkey, tapirs, deer and armadillos. Return to the eco-lodge to rest.
* Excursion on a boat to go fishing
* Navigation on a boat returning to Rurrenabaque
-Last breakfast (7: 30h) in the Madidi Park and then we will make a boat excursion across the Tuichi river for sport fishing. After the success you can enjoy a typical Tacana style delicious fish dish served with bamboo and leaves for lunch.
- After a delicious lunch (14: 00h) in "Caquiahuara" we will pack things up to return to Rurrenabaque by boat down the Tuichi and Beni rivers approx. 1 1/2 hours to arrive between 16:30 and 17:00 pm at the port of Rurrenabaque.
San Miguel Del Bala
For more information, please contact us and we will be happy to help you.
Phone Number: +591 3892 2394
Industry Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org